Sunday, May 3, 2009

He is .. Our Answer

Answer

When I read this word I thought of the song “Jesus is the Answer for the World Today”….It was a popular song many years ago, but it has a true message.

Jesus is the answer for the world today
Above him there's no other, Jesus is the way
Jesus is the answer for the world today
Above him there's no other, Jesus is the way

If you have some questions in the corners of your mind
And traces of discouragement and peace you can not find
Reflection of the old past, They seem to face you every day
There's one thing I know for sure that Jesus is the way

I know you got mountains that you think you can not climb
I know that your skies have been dark, You think the sun won't shine
In case you don't know, I'm here to tell you that the World of God is true yeah
And everything that He's promised, I tell you he would do it for you
Let me tell you that

Words & Music by Andare Crouch and Sandra Crouch
(c) Bud John Songs, Inc.


I know I am always trying to "fix" things myself. I need to be in control and who better than me can " fix " it? I know in my heart and mind that if I will just trust God with even the smallest things that He will take care of it, but it is so hard to relinquish that control to Him.I often wonder why it is so hard to just to trust Him. Why do we try to "fix" all of problems without involving Him? He is the Answer to Everything. No matter how big or small.

Do you struggle with that same issue? Do you always need to be in control? Do you get frustrated when things don't go your way? No matter what is going on in your life, God is there for you. His Word provides the answer for whatever you need.

Philippians 4:19

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 9:10

Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.

A very good friend just gave me this advice... ask God every morning "What do I need to trust you with today?" Then do it! How much easier our lives would be if we would just relax in Him knowing He has the answer to all our needs.



Amy lives in Lawrenceville, GA with her husband Jerry and her 3 boys, Jerry Nicholas, and Zachery.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I hear your heart. You are very transparent with something so many of us struggle with at one time or another. Trust and obey...there's no other way.

    Murf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 9:10 is the verse I'm focusing on for the first two weeks of May. LOVE that you used it here.

    He really is our Answer. There is nothing too hard for Him.

    Thanks for sharing your heart!

    Steph.

    ReplyDelete