Sunday, May 31, 2009

He Is - My Everything

Oh sweet friends, I can't thank you enough for stopping by and visiting us this week. Our prayer is that you feel like you are sitting across from an old friend. If you were in my home, I'd make us a pot of coffee or tea and we would sit and chat about our Jesus.

This would normally be Jill's week to share her heart with you. I'm filling in this week as her family prepares to celebrate the life of her mother-in-law.
This precious lady went home to Jesus Saturday night. Would you please join us in praying for Jill's husband and their entire family this week? Feel free to click on "comment" and leave an encouraging word for her. We will make sure she sees it.

One thing I love about Jill is that she is totally reliant on the Lord. She loves Him with every fiber of her being and when you are with her, you can't help but smile because you see Jesus all over her.

As I logged in tonight to begin this post, I knew where I wanted to go. I had a plan to share a little bit of something I'll be sharing with a group of people this Thursday. ( I was going to test it out on you!) BUT God had another plan.

I started looking at our past posts and quite frankly I was overcome with gratitude to our God. I'm stopping right now to give Him a hand clap, will you join me?
He is so good and I think sometimes we need to do as one of my favorite Bible teachers does and just stop to give him a round of applause!

Sure hope I didn't' scare you away! Back to the list of past posts. Seriously, as I read over that list it hit me that there is nothing we encounter in life that God can not handle. What a Savior. One word came to mind:

EVERYTHING

He is everything to me.

My Comfort, My Answer, The Voice, My Deliverer, My Creator, My Atonement My Refuge, My Rest....My God. My Everything.

I can't help but think of Isaiah 55.

"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear that your soul may live..."

Jesus says to us in Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."

Our physical needs, our emotional needs and our spiritual needs, He is everything.

Everything you or I could ever need is satisfied in Jesus Christ. I pray tonight sweet friend that you know Him and that you leave this post, open His Word and ask Him to speak to you. I promise He has something very special to say just to you.

Blessings,
Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Thank you sweet sister for being there when Jill needed you to be HER everything during this difficult time for her family. My loving Lord has been by my side my entire life...through the good and the bad, and OH to truly comprehend that He is my everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph for steppping up to the plate! He is indeed our everything. Without Him we would be nothing. Our prayers are with Jill and her family. May God grant her comfort and peace.- Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special time of praise we enter into, as we look back over the bench marks He has left for us all. I've asked Him to clean me up and let all of me pour out so He can fill me completely. He truly is our EVERYTHING. What a sweet balm your gift of writing has been to Jill. May she have peace as she rests in His arms.
    Fritz

    ReplyDelete