Monday, July 27, 2009

He is … Faithful and True

The scriptures are packed with verses reminding us of the faithfulness of God. Countless musicians have composed hymns and songs about His faithfulness.



Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

How can we become more faithful? With the celebration of each birthday or anniversary can we journal how God has been faithful to us? Yes! But how many paragraphs in our journals do we compose about the ways we have been faithful to God?

Summer vacation always provides a lot of time for reflection for me. Summer seems to be the time I can recharge my battery in preparation for the fall when I go back for another year of teaching Middle School musicians. If you know anything about middle school students, you definitely need to recharge in the summer.

When the Lord is working on a particular character trait in me, He brings me to His word so that I can search His character first. Secondly, He shows me men and women in the Bible that have grown in that area. Finally, He lets me encounter personal stories through living testimonies in my own world.

At the beginning of the summer my husband and I took a trip to Arizona. God’s handiwork was evident at every turn. One trip to the Grand Canyon will remind you that He is God and you are not. In the midst of all of that beauty, “Revelation Song” …With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings” still rings in my ears every time I look at the summer photos. Our faithfulness can be found in our voice of praise.

My sister, Rita and I took a short trip to Charleston S.C. If you have a sister make plans next summer to spend some time alone with her. We have been doing this for five years now. God always shows up and shows out when we’re together. Sometimes you’ll be laughing so hard that you’re crying and other times you are just crying together. “Sometimes we find our hearts in a thousand pieces, maybe more.”

from Mandisa’s “Broken Hallelujah” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH16B5449Iw

ministered to my sister and I, as we continue to be faithful to all that God has called us to and continues to bring us through. Our faithfulness can be found in our willingness to stay true even in the very difficult times.

Then it was off to Pennsylvania for a few days with each of our parents. What a sweet sound of faithfulness to hear my mother-in-law reading scripture aloud to my father-in-law at the breakfast table before they began their day of taking Meals On Wheels to those in need. At my home I would rise to see my dad sitting in the living room pouring over God’s word as he does every day. In the evenings we listened to CDs speaking of Bible Prophecy, one of my mom’s favorite topics. I wonder how many times those four saints have prayed over my family. Our faithfulness can be found in our prayer life.

Our next stop was to visit a dear High School friend that is on her 63rd chemo treatment over the last six years. Her lips could not praise God enough for who He is. She has found her HOPE in the Lord and shares that with everyone she meets. Our faithfulness can be found in our testimony.

Before we returned home, we visited Pawleys Island S.C. with friends. The sights and sounds of the beach showed forth the handiwork of the Master once again. But this time, I was more taken by the faithfulness of God to provide such special friends. He wants us to fellowship with Him, but he provides such sweet fellowship with other believers. I was touched by the love these couples had for one another. As we talked about His faithfulness, I was once again reminded of the importance of praying for your children and their future spouses. Now that both of our sons have found the sweet bride that continues to complete them, I know that over 20 years of prayers on their behalf was not too much to ask of me. Our faithfulness can be found in our sacrifice.

No, we did not vacation the entire summer. We were only gone about 20 days. God is just faithful to pack a lot into a short period of time. Today, I am blessed to celebrate one of the sweetest testimonies of faithfulness, our 35th Wedding Anniversary. Our faithfulness can be found in our love for one another.

In the next few days of your journey with Christ, ask Him how you can be more faithful. And remember: He will always be faithful to your faithfulness.

I remain ever thankful to a Faithful and True God.
Debbie Fritz



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and so many words that have challenged and encouraged me. Happy Happy Anniversary!! You and Carl are such a blessing to us and I'm so blessed to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL POST! You KNOW how it ministered to me! I thank God regularly for great friends and opportunities to fellowship and pour out His love. We are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed to have had this opportunity to minister thru music. You are truly one of HIS masterpieces. I wish we could have remained closer over the years. It's never too late to rekindle a friendship. Please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara Bly
    Such a Beautiful post Debbie. I read it over and over. There are so many encouraging words, I know how it ministered to me. I thank God everyday for his love and for making me a child of his. Love you both cus. God Bless you in this ministery.

    ReplyDelete