Monday, July 13, 2009

He is our Way Maker

God is Our Way Maker

Have you ever been really excited about something? I am sure we all have been about one thing or another. In this world of instant gratification we want it now or even yesterday. But what happens when we have to wait? And then wait some more.

We just knew this was what God wanted for us and that it was perfect timing. At least in our minds. So why are we having to wait? This is God’s plan for me, right? Why isn’t he giving me the results I want? After all I did pray about this and it has all just fallen into place…..

Questioning God is a natural thing. We have to remember that we are on God’s time table not ours. It is very hard sometimes to trust that God has our back and He does know what He is doing. It is not our plan, but that His perfect plan for our lives will be revealed only in His timing.

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait on the Lord.

Isaiah 40:31But those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, and they will walk and not be faint.

My husband and I are going through a time right now where we are having to wait. We thought everything was going to be great because we could see God’s hand all over it, but there have been a lot of roadblocks along the way. We are trusting God to complete the great work He has started, but like I said it is in His timing not ours. Frustration and anger are real, but it is when we rest in Him that He makes a way for us.

There is a song out now called While I Am Waiting by John Waller. This is a powerful song from the movie Fireproof. I have included the lyrics. If you haven’t heard it I encourage you to look it up and listen.

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord



Rest in Him and he will make a way for you no matter what you are going through!

Have a great week!!!


Love ya,

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Cool song Amy. Oh the things that He continues to teach all of us. Bless you, sweet woman of God.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So understand this one! Waiting for God is hard, but it's also the safest place to be.

    Looking forward to seeing how God works this out for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Amy. I love the song, "While I'm waiting." I've been singing it, praying it, living it too on several issues with school as you know. It's been a walking on water experience but the ship "came in" with Saturday's mail! Yes, it took longer than I anticipated and worry took over at times, but God, again, has amazed me and pour out abundantly. Scholars say waiting builds character...we are all being purified in the refining fire.

    Murph

    ReplyDelete