Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HE IS GOD


July 6, 2009

We have been sharing with you for the past 4 months Who God is in the midst of our lives. That He is totally trustworthy in all situations of life no matter what those situations are. And in those life circumstances as He is Who He is to us, He is perfecting us and conforming us to His image. What a mighty God we serve. Everything He is and Does is for His Glory and our Good.
In the past 7 months of our life we have experienced 5 ( that I can remember) of the main stresses in a person’s life one right after another; some amazingly wonderful and others challenging. In all textbook conclusions we should be whatever they say we should be. But God!
It started with a wonderful call on Kimberly’s life to Mission Work. This call was confirmed on November 11, 2008 and her first assignment was in January 2009 to YWAM in Kona, Hawaii. Yes, you got it, 50 days to prepare, fill out all paperwork, raise support and go. At the same time we were rejoicing in this I was going back and forth to Atlanta to see my Mother who was in her last days in a nursing home . She had been failing since May of 2008 and my heart was filled with gratitude to the Lord that I was free to spend a good bit of time with her in her last days. Several days before Thanksgiving she passed. The memorial service was amazing and at each corner we saw the Hand of the Lord and rejoiced in His goodness to us through my Mom’s life and the memories that would be there forever.
In all of this He was faithful and we put Kimberly on a plane January 1st heading to Kona. Faithful is He Who calls us and He will bring it to pass.
20 days later Joel was laid off. And as of today, we are still seeking His face for a job. But God. He has provided all our needs and we stand amazed!
In April and May I began to suffer a lot of pain with my R.A. again and many days wanted to give in to it but He reminded me that his strength is perfected in my weakness, so I began to thank Him for the things I could do instead of focusing on the things I could not do. It made me thankful when I could get out of a chair or turn a knob. It made me realize truly that apart from Him I could not nothing. Wow and Wow. He truly was my strength when I was weak, He truly was the treasure that I see, He truly was my all and all.
On May 14th I woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain I thought I was having a heartatache. In the morning I went to urgent care and found out I had pneumonia and they put me in the hospital. While I was in the hospital Joel began to have some of the same symptoms and as I was being released on the 18th Joel was being admitted with a blood clot in his lung and pneumonia. It was the strangest thing to leave the hospital and go to the emergency room to see Joel being admitted. He then was in for a week and was released on May 25th. On May 26th we got a call from Atlanta that his Mom was not doing well and that they were taking her to the hospital. Joel immediately left for Atlanta. She was admitted on the 26th, put in hospice on the 28th and passed on the 30th.


Why do I tell you all this?? Because in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us and gave Himself up for us. Our lives are a mixture of wonderful blessings and amazing challenges, BUT GOD. As I reflected on His goodness to us every step of the way, I was humbled again at His all knowing character and how even my being released in the morning and Joel going in that afternoon was a blessing as one of us was there for Lauren our 15 year old daughter. I thought of Joel getting out on the 25th just in time to be there for his Mom in her last moments. I thought of the blessing of Kimberly being called in the same time of my Mom’s passing and how even though I was having to say goodbye to a very special person in my life, I was also celebrating a new season and call in a very special person’s place in my life, my daughter Kimberly. His closeness overwhelms me with gratitude. He was available all the time through each thing, He showed me how He has already walked before me so I could trust the path, He comforted me when I need comforting and He caused me to rejoice even in the midst, knowing it was okay. His mercies were new each morning and His peace was amazing. At times when I was frustrated he would search my mind and heart and bring me back to what was true. He was my wonderful counselor, He was my shelter, He was HIM every moment of every day and every situation. My heart exults in Him!!!!
I hope wherever you are today, you will stop and ask Him to show you HIMSELF! There is nothing too difficult for HIM, He is not too busy and His eye is on you even as you ask and His answer is but a breath away. Because HE is your ANSWER.

3 comments:

  1. Jill,

    Watching God walk with you during all these life experiences was a life lesson for me. You are strong in His love and amaze me with your strength. Thank you for reminding me that when days get tough, I must be quick to say, "BUT GOD!" and move on in His mercy and grace.

    Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, it has been an incredible gift to watch your family walk through the past few months. To see God orchestrate and move in your life has so increased my faith. He is using each member of your family to show us that He is Alive and Active!

    I know it's been hard, but you have so faithfully represented our Savior. Your faith and trust has been such an encouragement to me.

    Hugs,
    steph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog by chance from someone else's blog. Our oldest daughter Heather attended YWAM (in Arkansas), and graduated from it. She was able to go to South America (Peru, Brazil and Columbia) for a month, as well as India for a month, beside all her stateside trips. She loved YWAM and made some great friends. It changed her life. She, my husband and I are now praying for the provision to go on a short term missions trip to Uganda in February 2010. I pray God blesses your daughter at YWAM. It's a great organization. It sounds like you've been through quite a battle lately. I will say a prayer for you. Usually the battle is the most intense before something really GREAT happens. :D Hang in there, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete