Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Series

We have spent several months sharing different names and attributes of our Savior. It has been exciting to log on each week and read what God has been showing one of my sisters. He has used each one of these posts to remind me that He is very serious about being involved in every aspect of our life.

As personal and vulnerable as we have been sharing what God has been teaching us about Himself, we are embarking on a journey that will require us to be even more open with you.

As I sit to type this first post in the new series, I have a strong impression that yes it will be sweet, but there may be weeks when it is hard. God's word says in Deut. But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

We are going to seek Him and ask Him to show us something new. Would you pause now and ask Him to speak to you?

If I were to ask you face to face “Who does God say you are?” What would your answer be?

My guess is some of you would say things like forgiven, loved, or redeemed. A few may say daughter of the King, or Princess. All beautiful, and correct answers for a woman who has received Jesus Christ as her Savior! Girlfriend the Holy Spirit of God lives in you and you are Royalty an Heiress for goodness sake!

Since we aren’t face to face I want you to ask yourself “Who am I in Christ?"

I’ve been asking myself this question daily for a week and one word continues to come to the front of my mind.

SECURE.

God says I am secure. Regardless of everything going on around me, I am secure. My life verse is Deuteronomy 33:12 it says:

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in HIM, for HE shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.”

God gave me a visual of this verse when my youngest daughter was around 2. She had the flu and was very clingy. It was nap time, but I knew she was not going to nap in her bed for very long. I was at that point where I needed a nap too so we just cuddled up on the couch.

Earlier in the day, I had read this verse in my Bible study homework. It had consumed my mind and my heart. I grabbed my Bible and my journal in hopes that Emma would sleep and I could write down my thoughts before I grabbed a quick power nap.

Emma was very congested so I had her sort of sitting up facing me with her head against my chest. She could breath easier this way and I could prop up and read. As I read that verse again, I felt the Lord speaking to my heart.

You see Emma had quickly gone to sleep and she was FINALLY resting. Her labored breathing had slowed down and had fallen into a pattern similar to mine.

She was resting between my shoulders. Close enough for her breathing to fall into sync with mine. Her head was close enough to feel my heartbeat. She felt safe, secure and free to rest.

God reminded me that He offers me the same thing each and every day. I have the freedom to crawl into His lap, put my head on His chest and let my breathing,my heart beat fall into sync with His.

It is a safe place. A secure place. A stable place.

Isaiah 33:6 tells us that God will be the stability or the sure foundation of our times.

Regardless of what is going on in my life I know that my God knows. He is my sure and stable foundation. Nothing can shake Him. If I am living as one who believes she is secure, I will not be shaken. Life may throw some hard things my way. It may feel overwhelming and like the fight of all fights! BUT, my Savior says in Deut. 33:12 He shields me all day long and I can rest secure.

I am a SECURE heiress of God! Is there a more secure place to be than between the shoulders of the One who gave His only Son's life for you and for me?

What kind of impact would we have if we really believed we are secure? I wonder what would happen in our communities, our churches and most importantly in our homes if we started living as a secure woman. I want to leave you with a quote from a favorite Bible teacher...

"My theology has not become my reality when I refuse to walk in the security of Christ and who I am in Him!"

Oh my sweet friends, lets press in a little closer and make the choice to believe we are who God says we are! Let's walk a little more secure knowing that we are HIS.

Anticipating Him!
stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Oh Stephanie, it will be with the pressing in that we find ourselves most secure. As of late, I find that many questions I'm asking are now pointed straight toward me. We are being called to a higher calling. Can you sense it too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful portrait you painted in my mind of resting in God. I'll never forget it. Yes, I am secure in Him. I'm trusting that part of my relationship with Him more than ever during these last two weeks. Secure, steady, on solid ground.

    ReplyDelete