Friday, August 28, 2009

Ongoing Call August 2009



What a weekend we had! From the moment we checked into the Bed and Breakfast, we felt right at home. Thank you leadership team for going above and beyond last weekend.

The group of ladies that we had the honor of serving were there to meet with Jesus. They were ready and eager to worship and hear the Word He had for them. And boy oh boy what a word it was!

Jill amazes me. She so beautifully shares what God puts on her heart. It isn't always an easy thing, but you can be sure if she is teaching it she has lived it! Thank you Jill for sharing truth. I'm sure I speak for many others when I say God taught me something new this weekend. Thank you for being obedient to teach His word.

I so want to just type up my notes and share them with you, BUT....that would be A LOT of information. (Maybe we could come to your church and you could just experience it live and in person!!) I do want to share one thought that I have been chewing on since last weekend. Are you ready?

We need TRANSFORMATION by the Word of God NOT just INFORMATION from the Word of God. Oh ladies. I know what the power of God's word can do in your life! He has changed my life. If He can do it for me, He can do it for you! May we never get over that each and every time we open our Bible we are reading the WORD OF GOD. There is power in it! Heb.4:12 says it is alive and active and sharper than a two edged sword! I want to, as James 1 says receive the implanted word of God deep in my heart! Oh boy I could go on and on and on about this. :)

One of my favorite memories is the very end of the day Saturday. To watch each precious lady make the choice to get up, come to the altar and exchange her chain for the yolk of Christ was very emotional. As we shared communion I was once again overcome by the love our Heavenly Father.

Thank you Norma and your sweet team for hosting us. You all hold a very special place in our hearts.

May He who began a good work in you last weekend, be faithful to complete it! We look forward to hearing what God is doing in your community!!

Anticipating Him!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment