Saturday, September 19, 2009

I AM always on His mind!

Do you believe this statement? Have you had personal experiences that bear witness to His attention to every detail of your life? God is 100% faithful. He will never leave us or forsake us. He CHOOSES to be in relationship with us. That truth is ever so humbling. I am living it in a new way, and I want to share my most recent encounter with the One and Only.

In mid-August I developed vertigo. If you have ever been seasick or dizzy-sick after a ride at Six Flags, you KNOW what I mean! Vertigo is like being seasick 24/7. There is not one second of fun associated with it. This illness turned my life upside down for FIVE weeks. Medication did not help and physical therapy brought only temporary relief.

During this time I was humbled on several levels, but one of the toughest aspects of having vertigo was being incredibly dependent on others. I could not drive, I could not read (and I was in the middle of final exams for summer classes during this time), I couldn’t stand or walk without holding on to someone, could not exercise (that was NOT a bonus!), and I wasn’t able to lead in worship at my church … that was heartbreaking. We don’t stop and think about how many daily functions depend on our ability to stand up! And what I mentioned only represents a few of the daily living activities that were impacted by having vertigo.

As miserable as I felt during those five weeks, I was encouraged daily by God’s presence. He gave me the courage to ask for help when I needed it. I was reminded of what an awesome husband He has given me. God has also given me the best friends anyone could ask for. They did for me what I could not do. My ever-present Father brought encouragement through His Word and gave me prayer warriors in great numbers.

One of those prayer warriors represents the most incredible blessing I’ve ever received. Because I am always on His mind, He put me on the heart of someone I did not know. She heard about my illness through a friend. God continued to put me on her heart for a couple of weeks, and then He gave her a plan. What seemed like “out of the blue” to me came the offer to give me a therapeutic massage to see if it would help. I was hesitant because of not being able to lie down, roll over, drive, etc., etc.!! But I sensed the offer was God-ordained, and whether or not it brought healing, I was to allow my new friend to be obedient to what God had instructed her to do.

PRAISE GOD! He instantly brought healing to my broken body and my troubled heart during that massage session. I am still in awe of what God did that day. I’m stunned over His ways. Only a God like Him could orchestrate such a miracle. And because my new friend LISTENED to Him and took a bold step to offer help using her giftedness I can give GLORY TO MY FATHER. I love to give and do for others, but I am not very good at receiving. God used this trial in my life to open my heart to receive and allow me to have a tangible experience to receive His love. When I could not stand I could lean on Him. He stood up for me!

I am ALWAYS on His mind, and I’ll never forget what He did for me through His Son Jesus Christ and what He did to bring healing to me through this trial. PRAY, BELIEVE, REST, and RECEIVE!!!

Debbie lives in Dacula with her awesome husband of 17 years (it's our anniversary!) and their 4-legged wonder, Bandit.

2 comments:

  1. First HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Love you both!

    Second...I started "You Were Born For This" last night and I just have to wonder, no believe that your friend was the delivery girl for God to work a miracle for you. You know? She followed His prompting and you were able to receive that miracle.

    I know it was a long few weeks, but you my friend were constantly pointing to Him and I was so encouraged and challenged by your unwavering faithfullness to our Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time you share another story of your love for the Father and the special relationship you have with Him, I am comforted, quickened to draw closer to the Master, and my spirit is blessed yet another time. In all things... you continue to give Him praise.

    ReplyDelete