Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Not I, But Christ"

Galatians 2:20 says, “I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”

What does that verse mean to you? To me, it means that we have someone on whom we can depend, no matter what may come in life. We have someone who will restore us. We have someone who will love and strengthen us. When we don’t feel like we have the power or courage to go on, Christ becomes our strength and deliverer. The Christ of the Bible, the Creator of the universe, wants to be uniquely active in our lives. In Him we find everything we could ever need to make it through life.

We don’t stand alone when we walk the steps of life. We don’t stand alone when we talk about Jesus to someone we meet. We don’t stand alone, even when we feel completely abandoned. We don’t stand alone when our families are in trouble or our marriages are falling apart. God wants to help us through every challenge in life. He wants us to lay our burdens at His feet.

As I look at the challenges in my life, I can only pray to God, “Lord, I can’t do it, but You can. So please, do it.”

Debbie lives in Dacula, GA with her most wonderful husband and their 4-legged wonder Bandit.

1 comment:

  1. What a timely reminder that we don't stand alone!

    I'm humming the song. "Do it Lord!".

    ReplyDelete