Monday, November 16, 2009

My Everything

To fret or not to fret? That is the question.
Your hands are sweaty, your heart is racing, and your
mind is reeling out of control. What brought it on and why can’t you control this feeling? You can’t even remember what initially caused this mode of fretting. You just know your head feels like a volcano about to erupt and your entire body is facing major exhaustion.

Sound familiar? It’s called fretting. Most of us have fallen into that black hole at one time or another. Some go there daily and others find themselves completely debilitated because they choose to stay there day after day with no peace in sight.

We need to find what brought us to that place and deal with the root of the problem. If we take the time to trace the thought process back to the root, we will always find that Satan is standing there feeding us some lie. If we don’t “nip it in the bud”, Satan will enhance that lie and add others to it. He will convince us that we are worth very little. He will have you believe that others are laughing behind your back. The lies will continue to spin a vicious cocoon around your heart and in a short period of time you will become lifeless. He’ll even try and convince you that you are the only one that can control those feelings. That lie could not be further from the truth. Trust me; we must place this sin at the feet of Jesus. He is the One that can destroy it.

Last Monday I found myself ready to drop into that black hole. I had already lost hours of productive time to fretting during the day. I had even permitted him to steal hours of peaceful rest during the night. Satan loves to attack us when we should be resting. The Lord’s position regarding this sin was simple. “Debbie, give no time to fretting, wipe it off your agenda. You need to focus on Me and accomplish all that I have equipped you to produce today.”

Once I got to school the next day I went all around my room saying the name of Jesus constantly; walking up and down each row of chairs. As I touched each chair in my room, I prayed for each child that would enter my classroom that day. I called His name on my breath constantly throughout the day. He rescued me. He gave me my lesson plans for the day... and the fretting stopped. At the name of Jesus, the demons trembled.

We have so much power through Him, if we will only breathe His name and believe in His promises. That day, the names of Jesus washed over me. It was as if the Lord gave me a front row seat in a fancy movie theater. Name after name of my Savior flashed across the screen reminding me that He is and was and will always be My Everything.

You know the signs of fretting. When they begin their deceptive dance, decide what lie Satan wants you to believe. Command Satan to flee and then set about your daily routine empowered with His word, the Names of Jesus and the desire to serve Him even more boldly.

Revelation Song
Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus Your Name is Power
Breath of living water
Such a Marvelous Mystery.

Debbie Fritz

2 comments: