Thursday, November 5, 2009

I AM FROG!!

It seems like every time we turn around there is another crisis. Whether it be within our family, a personal friend, or the world. We all know of someone going through a crisis right now. All you have to do is watch the news or pick up a paper. What is happening? is there any peace? Well if all you do is rely on the media, you would not think so.Even as we exam our own lives, our own crisis it is so easy to be sucked into this world of despair. We do not need to do this. it will only pull us down and then we can't be who God wants us to be.

I have been learning to Fully Rely On God(FROG). This summer when I was at McDonalds I got a Happy Meal. The toy I got was a miniature beanie baby- it was a frog. His name was Jumps. I thought how appropriate..We own an moonwalk business. later I was reminded by a special friend that frog stands for fully rely on God.I had heard that before, but at that time in my life it held a whole new meaning. I know keep him in my car as a daily reminder to FROG.

God is our refuge and strength a very present help in time of trouble.Psalm 46:1 and then 9 verses later it says in Psalm 46:10, Be still and know I am God. He is there for us all we have to do is be still and rely on His strength and power. We can't deal with any our our crisis on our own - we were not made to. God wants us to rely on Him that is how He made us.

Some people believe that God only is concerned with our big crisis', but I believe He is concerned with our smallest crisis.If He knows the number of hairs on our head, then He knows ALL of our crisis and He wants us to bring them to Him and let Him handle them. He will do a much better job than we will anyway!

That is where you will find real peace. When we can truly turn everything over to Him and let Him have control. Easier said than done? I think we will find if we will surrender to Him our life will be a lot easier.

So next time you see a frog.. Remember it is just a reminder to FULLY RELY ON GOD!



Amy lives in Lawrenceville with her husband Jerry and their 3 boys and 2 dogs

2 comments:

  1. I'll be getting a frog for my car, kitchen and my office at school. What a great blog sister.
    I'm so visual... this will be one I will carry with me for months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I'm frogging it daily...not easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete